*Let me know what you think, I know it needs a little revising! :)
Hannah was seventeen today, and felt more like an adult than she ever had. She had everything a girl could dream, best friends, loving parents, a beautiful house, and a boyfriend who gave her everything. And today she was going to have a more fabulous birthday than she ever has had before.
“Hannah, come downstairs.” Her mother called.
“What’s up?” Hannah said concerned.
“So tonight, the limo will be here around seven and you have it until midnight.”
“Okay, I’m so excited, all the girls are coming over around five than the guys a little after.”
“How many people do you think?”
“There are seven girls including me and eight guys.”
“Sounds good, dear!”
“I’m going to get ready mom” Hannah states and runs back upstairs. As she arrives to her room she sees she has a missed call from her boyfriend, Skyler. As she returns his call she realizes his line is busy again. “I’m sure it wasn’t important.” Hannah mumbles and gets back to curling her hair.
As her phone vibrates impatiently on the vanity Hannah sets her curling iron down and picks up the phone.
“Hi Babe Happy Birthday.”
“Hi Skyler, You’ve told me six times already that it’s my birthday!”
“I know but just incase you forgot I wanted to tell you again. What time should I come over tonight?”
“Around six.”
“Sounds perfect, is something wrong?”
“No nothing”
“Okay good I’ll see you tonight, love you.” Click. The phone hangs up and Hannah says to herself, “Nothing is wrong, except I’m secretly dating your best friend.”
Hannah has been confused for two months now on what she wants, it is hard to choose. Both of the guys are athletic, smart, and cute. But they are both best friends and everything has to be kept a secret. Hannah thinks that tonight would be the best night to admit her secret, but a part of her doesn’t think so. Landon is his name, and he is Skyler’s best friend. They have always had a thing for each other, and Skyler can’t help to get jealous, but if he knew about the random hook ups and late night calls he would freak.
Hannah’s bed room door swings open
“Hey Girl!” Hannah’s best friend, Janna screams while giving Hannah a huge hug.
“Hi! I’m so excited for tonight”
“Me too! Were going to be driving around in the limo with everyone. I’m so glad your parents decided you to rent the limo. ”
“I think I’m going to tell everyone tonight Jay, I can’t keep this secret from Skyler anymore.”
“Not tonight Han, this is your birthday party, we don’t need drama more than the usual.”
“Your right, It was a stupid idea anyways.”
“Your little sneaking around is a stupid thing, you knew that from the beginning.”
“I know but I couldn’t help my self”
“You always want what you can’t have, now speaking of what I can’t have is that the dress you’re going to wear tonight? Wow. I’m jealous.”
“You like? Help me put it on please I can’t zip it from behind!”
As Janna helps Hannah put on her dress, Hannah thinks hard and long. What do I want? I love Skyler, but on the other hand Landon makes me feel so good about myself.
Beep Beep. A horn from the distance sounds as Hannah’s other friends all arrive and her mom is eagerly taking snap shots of every move of everyone.
“Cheese” says Kate, Hannah’s most outgoing and wild friend.
“The guys are on their way!” said Emma.
Hannah’s mom takes pictures of all the girls in their beautiful short dresses all in different colors and jewels. It’s almost perfect of how good all the girls look. Skyler pulls up and parks his car as the other guys follow. Skyler gives Hannah a kiss on the check as Landon is staring right at her with jealous eyes. Hannah feels evil, what is she doing leading two guys on? Not to mention two guys who are best friends with each other. She felt horrible, but she couldn’t let this horrible feeling ruin her night, not tonight. As Skyler gives her another hug she feels his phone vibrate.
“Who is it Sky?”
“It’s just my mom, she is worried as usual.”
“No it is not, I just saw on your screen message from Tina?”
“Oh I guess It isn’t from my mom.” Trying to sound like he didn’t know
“Can I see?” As Hannah grabs his phone she steadily starts reading through all the messages.“What is this?” Hannah yells.
“What is what? She just asks me for homework help.”
“You’re a liar, I thought I could trust you again but I was wrong. Your so perfect to my face and behind ugh, I don’t understand. All these messages are about hooking up before all your football games?”
“Babe, stop. It’s a joke the messages, we just make fun and kid around we don’t actually hang out.”
“You know what? I really can’t trust you and I haven’t for along time, I think I was just in love with the Sky from a year ago. I can’t do this-“
Skyler interrupts, “Babe no your perfect, You don’t want to be done.”
“Actually I’m not perfect, I’ve kept stuff from you too I am just better at keeping things, and yes I do want to be done. I’m not in love with you anymore.”
“Is there someone else?”
Hannah looks around and spots Landon, he looks scared, he always told Hannah he wanted to tell everyone but he didn’t want to loose his friendship with Skyler. Hannah realizes she can’t date Landon, and shouldn’t tell everyone, it’s just not fair.
“No skyler, there is no one else. And I don’t think there will be anyone else for awhile.”
Skyler hugs Hannah and whispers “I’m sorry.” She couldn’t do the I’m sorry stuff anymore, friendship was what she felt in this hug and friendship was all she felt.
“It’s okay. Let’s just all have fun tonight in the limo, everyone, as friends.”
“I guess I deserve that.” As a tear runs down Skyler’s check. He messed up again and he knew it, Hannah gave him so many chances and he took it for granted, now that she just wants to be friends he is learning how to accept it but he doesn’t think he ever will. He loves Hannah, and no one else, he just couldn’t keep not talking to other girls behind her back. He knew it wasn’t right, but now he realizes it was a mistake and he didn’t want to talk to any other girl but Hannah, it was too late. As he watches Hannah with all her friends taking pictures by the limo he feels a tear run down his check.
“As long as she is happy.” He mumbles.
“Let’s go!” Hannah screams with excitement.
Landon turns to Hannah.
“Thanks for not saying anything now Hannah, I just think it is too soon for him to know. I can’t loose him as a friend, but I can’t loose you either.”
“You won’t” Hannah says with a smile “Some things just take time. Our little secret, at least for awhile?” She asks.
“Just for awhile.” He says and winks
“Skyler let’s go!” Landon yells.
“Bye! Bye! Have fun! Be careful! Take a lot of pictures!” Hannah’s mother yells while waving and still snaping pictures.

No comments:
Post a Comment